Black Young Professionals (BYP) of Detroit is committed to the community, and the social and personal development of our members. We seek to be the leader in the metro area for young professionals of African descent. Our members plan and execute community engagement events and strive to give back to those in need while educating and building up fellow members. Although we try our best, we can’t do it alone!
You can help us make an impact on the community and our members!
As we are still young, we only ask our members to donate what they can. Membership designation is driven by being an active member, especially as a volunteer at our community engagement events.
We have internal budgeting priorities:
- Basic operating expenses (Website, Meeting Space, Incorporate Fees, etc.)
- Community Give Back and Outreach events (Food for mentees and volunteers, volunteering supplies)
- Personal Development (Covers refreshments for guests coming directly from work, keepsakes for presenters)
Currently these expenses are covered by donations directly from the member body and from the pockets of BYP Leadership.
Individual Monetary Contribution
- Your monetary donation to BYP will allow us to cover all of the above operations as necessary by priority and timing, or it will go towards our greatest need at the time.
- If you are interested in supporting our group with a monetary gift, click below.
Corporate Monetary Sponsorship
- Companies or other organizations looking to support us monetarily would be helping us cover all of the above operations as necessary.
- If you would like to get even more involved or sponsor a specific event or activity, contact us.
- If you are interested in supporting our group with a monetary gift via credit/debit card, click below. For checks, contact us. Please do not place checks in the mail without alerting us first.