Black Young Professionals (BYP) of Detroit is committed to the community, and the social and personal development of our members. We seek to be the leader in the metro area for young professionals of African descent. Our members plan and execute community engagement events and strive to give back to those in need while educating and building up fellow members. Although we try our best, we can’t do it alone!
You can help us make an impact on the community and our members!
As we are still young, we only ask our members to donate what they can. Membership designation is driven by being an active member, especially as a volunteer at our community engagement events.
We have internal budgeting priorities:
- Basic operating expenses (Website, Meeting Space, Incorporate Fees, etc.)
- Community Give Back and Outreach events (Food for mentees and volunteers, volunteering supplies)
- Personal Development (Covers refreshments for guests coming directly from work, keepsakes for presenters)
Currently these expenses are covered by donations directly from the member body and from the pockets of BYP leadership.
Individual Monetary Contribution
- Your monetary donation to BYP will allow us to cover all of the above operations as necessary by priority and timing, or it will go towards our greatest need at the time.
- If you are interested in supporting our group with a monetary gift, click below.
Corporate Monetary Sponsorship
- Companies or other organizations looking to support us monetarily would be helping us cover all of the above operations as necessary.
- Your organization name or logo would be presented on our website and your organization’s support would be reported to membership at the General Body meeting.
- If you would like to get even more involved than that and/or sponsor a specific event or activity, contact us.
- If you are interested in supporting our group with a monetary gift via credit/debit card, click below. For checks, contact us
Individual or Corporate Non-Monetary Support – In-kind gift or gesture
- We plan and carry out activities and events for the community and our members. To do so we need equipment, technology, supplies, food, expertise/technical skill, and other materials to make it happen. We accept help through the loan, donation, or furnishing of these items. If you may be interested in supporting our nonprofit activities with donated goods or services, click below.
Join the Leadership or Planning teams
- Help plan and execute activities and keep the ball moving. Be part of what we do daily.