This page is for SATURDAY Prep Day.
Help us put on the largest charity bike ride in Detroit focused the homeless: Handlebars for the Homeless! A ride to support the many outreach programs provided by the Neighborhood Service Organization.
Handlebars for the Homeless is an annual charity bike ride which raises money and awareness for homeless outreach and recovery services provided by Neighborhood Service Organization’s (NSO). NSO has been in operation since 1955 helping the most vulnerable in the city of Detroit.
This is our seventh year helping the Neighborhood Service Organization with this event, and we’ll have multiple fun ways to be engaged.
What we do on Saturday Prep Day:
- Setup (Tables, tents, signs, etc.)
- Be mindful if you have fragile fingernails or adverse to lifting more than 10 lbs
- Stage boxes to be taken out in the morning
- Discuss logistics for the next day (returning volunteers only)
What Saturday Prep Day volunteers receive:
- Exclusive volunteer-only high-performance t-shirt
- Special recognition at a BYP event
- Hands-on leadership opportunity (as an area captain)
- Certified community volunteer hours (if needed)
Why we do this:
- We believe young professionals can provide the most exceptional value to the Detroit community by giving their time and labor to worthy causes on occasion
- Rather than duplicating efforts from scratch, we believe in partnering with existing programs and platforms to further impact
- NSO has an exceptional impact record and need, and the efforts of our volunteers for a few hours are multiplied into homeless recovery services for an entire year
- You do not have to be a paid member, “young”, “professional”, or Black to volunteer. Volunteering is open to all!
- You will not have to ride a bike. All volunteers are facilitating the event, not riding in it.
Click below to sign-up!