Black Young Professionals of Metro Detroit is putting on a panel discussion covering the experiences and strategies of accomplished Black Executives and Managers from some of the largest corporations both in Detroit and the country.
We will have a panel of five select seasoned leaders spanning across areas such as automotive/engineering, healthcare/pharmacy, and corporate human resources, in companies such as General Motors (GM), General Electric (GE), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), and Diplomat (DPLO).
They will give us their on take many topics, including:
– Navigating racism in the workplace
– Sacrifices made to advance careers
– Dealing with being the only Black person at the table
– How to navigate non-diversified work environments
– Avoiding stereotypes
– Key advice for becoming managers or executives
There will also be an open Q&A. Bring your questions! Bring paper and pen to take notes.
There is limited seating, so please RSVP right away and keep your status up-to date. Come early for the best seating. Doors open at 6:30. Light refreshments will be served.
Note: No videotaping will be allowed.