- This event has passed.
2018 Handlebars for the Homeless Volunteering
Sunday August 5
6:30 am - 2:00 pm
For the past two years, Black Young Professionals’ members have supported the largest bike ride in Detroit aiming to help the homeless while highlighting some of the most hidden gems of the city. This year, we are doing even more, again.
The 2018 Handlebars for the Homeless will be held on Sunday, August 5th. Black Young Professionals will be the running the event with leadership from the Neighborhood Service Organization, with hundreds of riders tackling a 15-mile route which now includes a mid-way water stop, and cheering squads. Join us in support of the organization focused serving our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Experience community engagement with Black Young Professionals and join us as we carry out one of Detroit’s most impactful bike rides of the year.
- Meet new young Black professionals from all over metro Detroit who are coming out to have fun, meet new people, and give their time.
- Help Detroit’s #1 homeless service organization raise awareness and resources to continue to provide housing and outreach services to the city’s most vulnerable and homeless people.
- Eat food, play games, and have fun outdoors on a Sunday for a great cause.
Saturday, August 4th (Prep Work only)
- Set up tents, tables, chairs, and signage (1pm-3pm)
- Lunch included
Sunday, August 5th (Main Event)
- AM Setup Team (6:30am start)
- Traffic Directors (6:30am start)
- Parking Attendants (6:30am start)
- Greeters (6:30am start)
- Registration (6:30am start)
- T-Shirts (6:30am start)
- Refreshments (6:30am start)
- Cheer Squad (6:30am start)
- Midway Team (6:30am start)
- Lunch included
Any questions, comments, or concerns? Send em here!*